When We Are Closed
For emergencies outside of surgery hours, call 01323 833535 and there will be an answer phone message advising you to call NHS 111 or the Out-of-hours Emergency Cover.
Call 111 any time day or night for advice on health problems and access to consultations with out-of-hours doctors. It's free to call from mobiles and landlines.
Call 111 when you:
- Need medical help fast but it is not a 999 emergency
- Think you might need to go to A&E
- Don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
- Need information or reassurance about what to do next
111 advisors can:
- Give medical advice
- Put you in touch with your local out-of-hours GP service
- Refer you to a walk-in clinic
- Refer you to an emergency dentist
- Put you in touch with mental health support services
The out-of-hours emergency cover is provided by IC24, a GP co-operative, in which a large number of GPs band together to provide an efficient and caring out-of-hours emergency service for their patients and to give others quality off-duty time. It is therefore requested that in order not to overload IC24, patients seriously consider whether their request for out-of-hours help is necessary. Most requests are totally reasonable but a small and not insignificant number are questionable. The reasonable approach by patients in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Patients can also attend the following facilities in the area:
Anyone can use a walk-in centre - you don't need an appointment or to be registered with a GP. The service offers treatment, information and advice for a range of minor illnesses and injuries and are open 7 days a week between 8am - 8pm.
- Eastbourne Station Health Centre, Terminus Road, Eastbourne, BN21 3QJ 01323 726650
- Station Plaza Health Centre, Station Approach, Hastings, TN34 1BA 01424 884410
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Empowering health and wellbeing